HR / Labor Relations
Optional Retirement Plan Funding Vehicles
March 01, 2001
This procedure item applies to:
1. Only authorized representatives designated by the State University of New York (University) system administration are allowed on each campus. System administration will provide training on ORP eligibility rules as well as the rules for accessing funds (ex: cash withdrawal). It is the responsibility of each carrier to notify campuses and System Administration when representatives change. Each carrier will be allowed no more than three approved representatives for each campus, unless a larger number is approved by the Human Resources Department.
2. All campus visits (other than at the request of an existing or prospective client for a one-on-one meeting) must be cleared with each campus Human Resources Department. Any room reservations, equipment set-ups, and the like, must also be coordinated through each campus Human Resources Department. Each campus Human Resources Department has the discretion to establish their own guidelines regarding the frequency of such meetings, how the meetings are communicated, and the like.
3. There will not be any unsolicited contact with non-client employees by phone, e-mail, written correspondence, door-to-door, etc. without the consent of the applicable campus Human Resources Department. The content of any information the carriers wish to disseminate to non-client employees must be forwarded to the Human Resources Department first for review. Each campus Human Resources Department will decide if they want to handle the mailing directly or delegate this responsibility to the carrier.
4. Any information that a carrier wishes to print in any campus publication must be approved in advance by the applicable campus Human Resources Department.
5. Other financial products will not be cross-marketed to non-client employees by any means without the prior consent of the applicable campus Human Resources Department.
6. Carriers should provide up-to-date printed materials to campuses. All promotional materials must be cleared with System Administration before distribution to the campuses.
7. Any requests for lists of non-client employees must be submitted in writing to the applicable campus Human Resources Department specifying why the list is needed. Campus Human Resources Departments are under no obligation to provide lists.
8. These guidelines apply equally to all carriers and all are due equal access.
9. Failure to comply with these guidelines may cause a representative’s name to be removed from the authorized list. In extreme cases failure to comply could result in decertification of a carrier. Such action would be taken as a last resort only after attempts to work with the carrier have failed.
There are no forms relevant to this procedure.
There are no related procedures relevant to this procedure.
The following link to FindLaw's New
York State Laws is provided for users' convenience; it is not the official
site for the State of
In case of questions, readers are advised to refer to the New York State Legislature site for the menu of New York State Consolidated
There is no history relevant to this procedure.
There are no appendicies relevant to this procedure.