Office of the Provost
- Increase public and private resources necessary to sustain new initiatives to augment the numbers of underrepresented faculty, staff, students and administrators at SUNY and to shape the academic and support services infrastructure necessary to insure student success.
- Promote diversity within SUNY’s human resources.
- Support campuses with successful diversity programs to further develop and expand these programs.
- Create synergy between academic excellence and diversity through a variety of targeted programs.
Program and Professional Development
- Organize best practices workshops and conferences for academic officers, deans, and other SUNY personnel that can benefit from new developments in recruitment, retention and advancement approaches.
- Create sustainable communities of interest and sharing "best practices" to promote diversity and underrepresented student success throughout the University community.
- Support curriculum reform efforts that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Program effectiveness.
- Ensure quality data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Increase accountability through well-defined measures and reporting procedures, continuous monitoring and improvement strategies.
- Fund new research projects that center on critical issues involving diversity, as well as support regionally based faculty research initiatives.
- Provide campuses with incentives to stimulate interdisciplinary dialogue among scholars engaged in diversity related research.
Equity & Inclusion
- Assist ongoing system-wide efforts to align campuses with their respective K-12 communities to assist underrepresented students graduate from high school, to provide access to higher educational opportunities and to help them have a successful college experience leading to graduation.
- Act as a resource for and assist campus administrators, affirmative action officers and committees directly involved in faculty recruitment, retention and advancement.
- Support campus efforts to provide services to the LGBTQA community as well as other campus inclusion initiatives.
For more information contact ODEI by email or phone: (518) 320-1189