SUNY in NYC
The SUNY Welcome Center is the "front door" for prospective students, family members, high school and agency counselors in New York City and surrounding communities. Located directly across from Bryant Park, at the SUNY College of Optometry, the SUNY Welcome Center provides one-stop assistance with information and undergraduate applications for SUNY campuses.
SUNY Welcome Center - 18th Floor
33 West 42nd Street (across from Bryant Park)
New York, New York 10036
Telephone: (212) 364-5821
Fax: (518) 320-1573
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Meet Our Staff
Beryl S. Jeffers, Director
Julieta Schiffino, Associate Director for Financial Aid Services
Khalia Brown, Admissions Recruitment Advisor - Manhattan
Brian Culligan, Senior Admissions Advisor - Queens
Mark Sanders, Admissions Recruitment Advisor - Bronx & Staten Island
First-Year Students and Family Members
- Group Information Sessions. Which SUNY are you? Attend a SUNY information presentation and learn about majors, how and when to apply for admission, costs, financial aid and support services. RSVP now!
- Prefer a One-on-One Session? Contact us to schedule an appointment with an admission representative to discuss your individual needs.
- Financial Aid. Learn how and when to apply for financial aid. Attend an information session.
- Apply Online. Receive assistance and computer access to complete and submit your admission application. Helpful staff will assist you at the Welcome Center.
- Need to Contact or Visit a Campus? We'll connect you to campus representatives who can answer questions and schedule a campus visit.
- Transfer Credits. We'll refer you to campus transfer coordinators to ensure a seamless process.
- Prefer a One-on-One Session? Contact us to schedule an appointment with an admission representative.
- Apply Online. Visit the Welcome Center and receive guidance from helpful staff in completing and submitting your online admission application.
- American Education. We'll explain the American education system and its organization.
- Options. There are numerous opportunities. Together we'll explore SUNY degree programs.
- What's Next? We'll refer you to campus representatives to guide you through the enrollment process.
High School and Agency Counselors
- Resources. Discover SUNY resources to help you and to help you assist your students.
- Schedule a Visit. Contact us to schedule a visit to your school or agency or so you and your students can visit us!
- Upcoming Programs. We have numerous programs in the New York City area. Check them out!
- Come See Us. Visit our location in New York City!