STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER AT BROOKLYN
§ 588.1 Purpose, scope and authority.
(a) These regulations have been established in order to control parking on the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn (SUNY/HSCB) campus. The act of parking a motor vehicle on State facilities is a privilege and constitutes acceptance by the owners and/or operators of the responsibility to ensure that their vehicles are not parked in violation of these parking regulations or any regulations of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law.
(b) These regulations apply to the use and operation of all motor vehicles, as described by the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law, upon all properties owned or leased by SUNY/HSCB. The regulations apply to all operators of motor vehicles on university property, including faculty, staff, students and visitors.
(d) Section 360 of the Education Law authorizes the state university to develop regulations regarding parking and vehicular traffic upon property under the supervision and control of the university, not inconsistent with the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law and provides for the enforcement thereof. Public safety officers appointed by SUNY/HSCB shall enforce these campus parking regulations.
(1) No person shall drive a vehicle on university streets, roads or highways at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing; but in no event shall a person drive a vehicle in excess of 30 miles per hour unless a different speed is authorized and indicated by the university.
(2) No person shall park a vehicle on the premises of the university in such manner as to interfere with the use of a fire hydrant, fire lane, or other emergency zone, create any other hazard or unreasonably interfere with the free and proper use of a roadway or pedestrian way.
§ 588.2 Parking.
(a) Parking fees as approved by the Chancellor, or designee, shall be charged for motor vehicles parked within designated lots, consistent with applicable collective bargaining agreements and in accordance with guidelines established by the Chancellor or designee. Such guidelines shall provide that the determination of the amount of the fee be substantially based on an analysis of the costs attributable to the operation and maintenance of the parking facilities owned and operated by the Health Science Center at Brooklyn.
(b) Persons applying for and granted parking privileges shall be issued a permit upon providing requested information and upon payment of the requisite parking fee as provided in subdivision (a) of this section.
(2) The permittee fails to renew his/her registration and to pay the applicable fees within 30 days of the renewal date. If the owner or operator remains eligible for parking privileges, the permit will be returned when he/she renews the registration and pays the applicable fees, based upon permit availability.
(3) The owner or operator is on temporary leave from the institution. If the owner or operator remains eligible for parking privileges, the permit will be returned when he/she resumes studies or duties at the institution, based upon permit availability.
(4) The vehicle utilized by a permittee is sold or transferred and no vehicle is substituted. The owner or operator remains eligible for parking privileges and the permit will be returned upon his/her substitution of a vehicle, based upon permit availability.
(6) The owner or operator has parking privileges for permanently disabled persons and no longer holds a valid special vehicle identification permit, and is not otherwise entitled to parking privileges.
(e) No person shall park a vehicle in any area except those areas specifically designated as motor vehicle parking lots or spaces. Motor vehicles shall not be parked so as to block or otherwise hinder access to a fire hydrant, campus building, parking lot or aisle, campus roadway or walkway.
(f) No person shall park a motor vehicle within his/her designated parking area other than within the space for the parking or standing of a motor vehicle as indicated by posted signs, pavement markings or painted lines restricting or limiting such parking. No vehicle shall be parked so as to occupy more than one parking space.
(2) no permit has been issued to the owner of the vehicle, or the owner or operator of the vehicle has not received requisite authorization to park on SUNY/HSCB or the owner or operator of the vehicle has received the requisite authorization to park on such premises or property but has exceeded such authorization; or
(3) if left parked on property owned, leased or operated by the university for more than six hours with no license plates affixed thereto as required by the Department of Motor Vehicles of New York State.
§ 588.3 Violations, sanctions.
(a) a warning which shall consist of a sticker placed on the violator's motor vehicle, warning the violator of the violation, where the location of the vehicle does not create a hazardous condition; or
(b) towing of the illegally parked vehicle in accordance with section 588.4 of this Part, where the location of the vehicle creates a hazardous condition, or a warning sticker has been placed on the vehicle warning the violator of the violation, and the vehicle has not been moved within eight hours of the placement of such warning sticker on the vehicle.
§ 588.4 Towing.
(a) Any motor vehicle operated or parked on the SUNY/HSCB campus in violation of these regulations may be removed or towed away and stored at the owner's expense. Abandoned vehicles shall be disposed of in accordance with the Vehicle and Traffic Law.