Ugrad Report to Plenary Fall 07
147th Fall Plenary
Hosted by SUNY Cortland
Undergraduate Academic Programs and Policies Committee
"The Committee shall provide advice and guidance to the Faculty Senate on matters relating to undergraduate programs and policies throughout the University. To these ends, the Committee may review such areas as existing and proposed curricula, standards for academic degrees, undergraduate academic assessment, teaching techniques and evaluation, special undergraduate programs, articulation among units of State University of New York and the various aspects of international education and development."
2006-07 Committee Project
In 2006-2007, the committee successfully brought to conclusion a faculty guide to internship program building entitled, Internships: A Guide for Planning, Implementation, Assessment. It is scheduled for distribution in Fall 2007.
Committee Projects for 2007-08
- Review of SUNY policy related to the credit/contact hour;
- Guide for the Evaluation of Undergraduate Academic Programs: review of 2001 faculty guide on undergraduate program assessment with
consideration for update;
- Undergraduate Research
- Exploration of possible undergraduate research electronic journal;
- International education: profiles of best practices on embedding a world view into the curriculum.
- General Education policy analysis
- Embedding ethics in the curriculum
Committee Meeting Dates:
1) November 2, 2007 (Albany)
2) December conference call, if possible.
3) February 8, 2008 (snow date of February 22, location yet to be determined).
4) April 4, 2008 (Syracuse).
2007-2008 Undergraduate Programs and Policies Committee Members:
Anne Bongiorno, Plattsburgh
Patricia Carey, SUNY Buffalo (Chair)
Jake Crawford, Albany (Student Representative)
Kane Gillespie, Stony Brook
Zhongchun Jiang, Cobleskill
Meg Knowles, Buffalo State
Janet Nepkie, Oneonta (Immediate Past Chair)
James Nichols, Oswego
Marwan El Nassar, Fredonia
Howard Reid, Buffalo State
Rose Rudnitski, New Paltz
Jim Schofield , Onondaga CC - Community College Liaison
Mary Ware, SUNY Cortland
Kathryn E. Van Arnam, SUNY System Administration Liaison