Recommendations to New York State for strategies to increase access
9. Management Structure for Continued Collaboration and Implementation (continued)
Toward this end, the Task Force recommends the following strategies:
- The Board of Regents appoints a steering committee made up of representatives from all university sectors, the
secondary education community, the disability community, business and government.
- The Steering Committee monitors progress on the outcomes outlined in the report. The Committee also regularly
reviews the outcomes for currency and relevance, and considers adjusting outcomes as they gather baseline data on
- The Steering Committee initiates the collection and evaluation of standardized demographic and educational data
on students with disabilities.
- The Steering Committee develops the capacity to measure more meaningful outcomes for students with disabilities,
including information on job placement, time on the job, salary, job satisfaction and employer satisfaction.
- The Steering Committee initiates an analysis of factors contributing to the success of students with disabilities
and the extent to which success is related to specific programs or academic experience.