SUNYNet UVCS Locations
UVCS New York City Site Information
Directions to Facilities:
The NYC UVCS facility is located at the SUNY State College of Optometry, 33 West 42nd St.,
Room 303. You will need to check in with security in the lobby of the building. You will be issued a visitors pass for your stay.
To New York City by Train or Bus
- If you are arriving in New York City by train at either Grand Central Terminal or Pennsylvania Station, or by bus at the Port Authority
Terminal, you can reach the College on foot very quickly. The new building is located two blocks west of Grand Central Station, nine blocks
north of Penn Station, and three blocks east of the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
- Consult New York City Transit Maps Homepage for
maps of the NYC Subway System or the Manhattan Bus System
To NYC by Plane
If you are arriving in New York by air, there are several methods for traveling to the city from Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark Airports. The
following is a list of the more convenient and accessible:
- Greyline Bus Tours (212-775-7233)
- New Jersey Transit Coaches Express Bus (201-762-5100)
- Olympia Airport Express (718-622-77700; 212-964-6233; 908-354-3330)
If you do take an express bus into Manhattan from the airports, it is best to get off at Grand Central Station, which is located at 42nd
Street and Park Avenue. At this point the College is easily reached on foot.
To NYC by Automobile
If you are arriving in New York City by car, traffic is funneled into Manhattan by bridges, tunnels, parkways and expressways.
- From the Northwest (upstate New York), the New York Thruway (I-87 and I-287) leads to Manhattan's east and west sides
- From the Northeast (MA, CT, etc.), the New England Thruway (I-95) also leads to the east or west sides
- From the South (NJ, MD, etc.) the New Jersey Turnpike leads into the Holland Tunnel to lower Manhattan, or the Lincoln Tunnel to midtown
- Consult the Bridges and Tunnels Home Page
for a map of bridges and tunnels into Manhattan.