Binghamton University Retiree Services Program
- Name of Program: BU Retiree Services Program
- Contact person: Corinna Kruman
- Phone: 607-777-5959
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Work Schedule: M, W, every other R
- For all State and Research Foundation retirees
- Created and sent survey concerning process when people retire, what programs or services retirees are involved in at BU and what they would like to see in the future. Also asking about work and volunteerism.
- Creation of complete database
- New letters congratulating State and RF employees concerning their retirement
- Interview Exchange: BU retiree temporary work pool where retirees can fill in a short questionnaire if they are interested in working at BU
- Programs: retiree luncheons (at least 2 times a year), social activities, coffee club for retirees
- Brochure: outlining the privileges retirees have at BU
- Checklist: providing retirees with options to sign up for benefits and services to be offered to retirees (ID Card, Email, mailings, BU newspaper, social events). This checklist is completed generally during the exit interview in conjunction with benefits.
- Support from Administration:
- The financial aspect of support from administration including line funding, supplies, conferences and such is currently being looked at.
The idea of the Retiree Program at BU was the result of comments to senior administration made by a self appointed committee several years ago. They looked at the process in place with which retirees left Binghamton University. Not only were State and Research Foundation employees treated differently but also did we have nothing in place. I am not sure who this topic came up last year but there has been talk about retirees for a while and connecting them back to BU.
I have also attached the checklist which we use for determining what retirees are interested in.