Our faculty and professional staff have made outstanding contributions to their respective professional fields, campuses, communities and the public at large. The 35,000 SUNY experts span nearly every conceivable discipline in order to support the education of hundreds of thousands of curious minds across New York State.
We are proud to salute their hard work and ongoing dedication, and support their professional development through a number of faculty programs:
- The Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence are conferred to acknowledge and provide system-wide recognition for consistently superior professional achievement and to encourage the ongoing pursuit of excellence.
- Distinguished Faculty Ranks encourage ongoing commitment to excellence, kindle intellectual vibrancy, elevate the standards of instruction and enrich contributions to public service.
- Conversations in the Disciplines Programs bring together State University faculty and visiting scholars to examine new trends, review promising findings, and better acquaint them with professional developments in their fields and on other campuses.
- SUNY Shared Governance Award is a system-level honor and recognition to be conferred annually upon one SUNY campus in recognition of outstanding contributions to the advancement of shared governance.
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Adjunct Teaching recognizes consistently superior teaching at the graduate, undergraduate, or professional level in keeping with the State University’s commitment to providing its students with instruction of the highest quality.