Travel Voucher Instructions
Instructions for completing Travel Vouchers
**Failure to follow the instructions could result in a delay in your reimbursement!**
- Please: attach original receipts for everything – no copies.
- Securely staple everything before sending – do not clip.
- RETURN COMPLETED FORMS TO:
SUNY System Administration
SUNY Plaza – S120
Albany, NY 12246
Questions: (800) 547-1548 or (518) 320-1376 Carol Donato
Fill in the New York State Travel Voucher - see sample forms for details and examples. Leave unmarked sections blank. DO NOT FILL IN THE AMOUNT SECTION. I will do it for you according to your receipts and the travel rules. If a personal car is used, fill out a Statement of Automobile Travel form. (See example)
The following rules, taken from the New York State Traveler's Guide apply for reimbursement and are provided for your information.
If you leave home before 7:00am you are entitled to a breakfast.
If you return home after 7:00pm you are entitled to a dinner.
2. Ground transportation
To and from meetings, hotels, transportation terminals, but not restaurants, will be reimbursed for the receipt amounts plus applicable tip.
Effective July 1, 2011 mileage reimbursement is $.555
The date and time of departure is the day you began your trip and the time (AM or PM) you left your home or office to begin the trip.
The date and time of return is the day you ended your trip and the time (AM or PM) you returned to your home or office.
- A Statement of Automobile Travel must be completed and signed for any mileage reimbursement.
- Always fill in your home address and zip code and sign the Travel Voucher before returning it to me. Your travel reimbursement check will be mailed to your home address.
- Photocopy the forms for your files and send an original form to me. I need an original signature in order to process the reimbursement.