|Group Information Sessions|
|EOP Group Information Sessions|
|SUNY School Counselor Forum|
|SUNY Open House Programs|
|Alfred State||Apr 14|
|Univ at Buffalo||Apr 2|
(City, North & South Campuses)
(Ranger School Campus)
|Mohawk Valley||Apr 19|
|Morrisville State||Apr 13|
|Tompkins Cortland||Apr 5|
Discover Guides to Majors. . . continued
Business and Science
To expand the college search, you and your students may also use our Program Search to locate specific programs of study and our Campus Search to search campuses by location, academic interest and sports preference.
Discover Campus Sectors
This Issue: University Colleges
Nestled among small cities and towns, University Colleges enroll over 91,000 students and represent 38% of SUNY’s total enrollment. These 13 campuses range from 3,500 to 9,500 students and include Empire State - SUNY’s non-traditional college - which enrolls working adults via extension centers throughout New York State.
|>||Comprehensive Education: University Colleges provide bachelor’s and master’s degrees in liberal arts and sciences and professional disciplines, but their priority is undergraduate instruction. Students work closely with faculty and have opportunities to gain widespread knowledge that leaves them with the option to enter the workforce or to continue their education and work towards a master’s degree.|
|>||Student Engagement: Students benefit from small class sizes and faculty and staff interactions through honors programs, independent study opportunities, research and study abroad.|
|>||Spectrum of Opportunities: A vast array of student services, activities and NCAA Division III athletics support learning on both sides of the classroom door.|
|>||Wide Range of Academic Programs: There are over 900 programs of study at the University Colleges. The academic choices are diverse and a sampling of programs include:
Discover Smart Track
“ . . . SUNY Smart Track™ gives our prospective students the most comprehensive and transparent financial aid information available . . . to make informed decisions about how to pay for their college education . . . and view a full outline of the financial commitment associated with their education.”
- SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher
The SUNY Smart Track™ Award Letter was developed by a committee of campus Financial Aid Directors, and others, who were tasked with adopting the intent of the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet while creating a unique version for SUNY. SUNY is the first and largest public system of higher education nationally to implement such a tool for students and families.
This new award letter will permit students and their families to see clearly the cost of attendance and financial aid offerings at each campus, including campus-specific information such as graduation rate, median borrowing, and loan default rate. Click to preview samples of the standard award letters to be used for resident and commuting students.
Discover Summer Enrichment
Opportunities for students to discover SUNY!
Spring is in the air . . . trees are budding, flowers are blooming and, like Mother Nature, your motivated students are growing too! The summer months are a great way for students to explore and learn by participating in summer enrichment programs.
Summer programs at SUNY are as diverse as the campuses. Day and residential camps enable students to maneuver their way across the waterways of historic Fort Schuyler, receive portfolio advice from fashion experts, design a stage in a play, perform with a jazz ensemble, explore pre-requisite science courses for health professions, expand their love of robotics, and perfect athletic skills.
Deadlines are approaching soon. Discover some of SUNY’s amazing opportunities to whet your student’s appetite.
- University at Albany - Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession Camp
- Binghamton University - 2013 Summer Youth Musical Theater Workshop
- Stony Brook University - The Summer Camps
- NY State College of Ceramics at Alfred University - Ceramic and Glass Engineering Camp
- NY State Colleges at Cornell University - School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions/Summer College
- SUNY Cortland - 2013 Summer Sports Camps
- SUNY Fredonia - Summer Music Festival
- SUNY Geneseo - Athletic Summer Camps
- Old Westbury - Future Stars Summer Camps
- College at Oneonta - Summer Youth Camps and Programs
- SUNY Oswego - Summerfame Theatre Program
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Summer Safari at Plattsburgh State
- SUNY Potsdam - Crane Youth Music Program (CYM) & Summer Athletic Camp
- Purchase College - Pre-college Programs in the Arts
- Alfred State College - Sibling Program
- SUNY Cobleskill - Athletic Camps
- Morrisville State College - Blue Line Summer Day Camp
- SUNYIT - 2013 SummerITeens
- Maritime College - Waterfront Summer Camps
- Fashion Institute of Technology - Summer Live at FIT
- Westchester Community College - Summer Youth Programs