Rules for Students Housed in University Owned, Leased or Operated Facilities
January 01, 1972
This policy item applies to:
This policy outlines the rules and regulations regarding the care and protection of residence halls and attendant facilities including all fixtures, furniture, equipment and effects, owned, leased, or operated by the State of New York or State University of New York (University).
A. The residency by any student in any residence halls is conditioned upon his/her continued attendance in good standing as a student of the State University of New York (University), the payment by him/her of all tuition, fees, charges and assessments which are imposed, and compliance with these rules and regulations:
1. each student assigned residency in a residence halls will be held responsible for any damage to his/her assigned room or quarters or to the furniture, fixtures, equipment and effects contained therein and for any damage caused by him/her to any other part of residence halls premises or attendant facilities;
2. in the event that two or more students occupy the same room or quarters and it cannot be ascertained which student is responsible for the damage, the assessment will be made against both or all equally;
4. all students at any time in or upon any part of residence halls premises or attendant facilities shall conduct themselves in an orderly manner and shall take care not to cause any damage, defacement or other injury to such property, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
B. Any student found responsible for breach of these regulations or who fails to pay any fee or assessment as required, shall be subject to such appropriate disciplinary action as may be determined by the president, or designee, of the campus at which the student is in attendance.
C. When students commence residency in a room or quarters in a University owned, leased or operated facility, inspection of the existing condition will be noted on, and the students shall be required to sign a:
1. Room Contents Record - General (Form A) or equivalent and
2. Room Contents Record - Individual (Form B) or equivalent.
D. Upon the termination of the students' residency, a second inspection of the room or quarters will be made and all items of damage not previously noted will be recorded, evaluated and assessed against the students who occupy the room or quarters accordingly.
E. The president, or designee, of each campus shall have the power and duty of administering these rules and regulations and is hereby authorized to adopt such additional rules and regulations as in his/her opinion that may be necessary for such purpose, not inconsistent herewith, subject to the prior approval thereof by, and the filing of such regulations with, the chancellor of the University.
There are no definitions relevant to this policy.
There are no procedures relevant to this policy.
There is no history relevant to this policy.
There are no appendices relevant to this policy.